Before engaging in sexual activity, determine your sexual and relationship boundaries—know what you want, what you don’t want, and how to communicate that to others.
- Educate yourself about safe sex options, contraception, relationships, etc.
- Always have safer sex supplies, such as condoms, dental dams, latex gloves, and lube.
- Create a safety word if you decide to engage in sexual activity.
- Avoid sexual activity while under the influence of alcohol and drugs.
- Get tested for HIV and other STDs.
- Never take someone’s word about when they were last tested for HIV and STDs, use safer sex supplies until you know for sure.